Thursday, December 25, 2008

What I'm Most Grateful For This Christmas

When I asked my guests to visit and share the thing they were most grateful for this Christmas, I had no idea what a huge task I had asked of them. That is of course until I had to sit and do it myself. It’s been a great year. It seems impossible to narrow the best of it all down to one thing. I mentally ran through a list of ten incredible blessings; things that happened for me personally and professionally. I moved out of a very demanding 9 to 5 position into something that’s much less stressful and mentally draining. My husband and I amicably decided to call it quits on our failing marriage. It’s been a peaceful transition back to singlehood and God has carried me all the way. Then there are the things related to my writing. I thought of the people that came into my life with gifts of wisdom large enough to fill a Santa sack. Authors, readers, book clubs, and reviewers who I’ve connected with as a result of this blog; new associates on various Yahoo Groups, and Internet radio; my new family at Urban Christian Books and my clients at Legacy Editing. It seems even my creativity was on overdrive this year. I’m so excited about my upcoming writing projects I could just bust, and the contributions I’ve made to other projects has also given me a rush. There are so many more blessings I could list, but I realized in the end no matter what great thing came to mind, my thoughts would always come back to my children. So what I’m most grateful for this Christmas is my two sons, Aaron and Micah; their health, their awesome personalities, and the love they give back to me every day.
Thanks so much for visiting me at Urban Christian Fiction Today. Merry, Merry Christmas to You!

Blessings,

Rhonda

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rhonda,

Those are some handsome young men. It seems you have alot to be grateful for. Thanks for sharing something about yourself. I'd like to learn more about the person who takes so much time to write this blog and share the Christian message with others.

P.S. I have a 16 year-old daughter who's looking over my shoulder and asking, who's he? She ain't talking about the baby.

Kim Hutchinson

PatriciaW said...

Beautiful pic of the family. Wonderful to stop and count your blessings, isn't it?