Sunday, November 15, 2009

Coming soon...Selling My Soul



Selling My Soul 

by 
Sherri Lewis

In Stores March 2010
When Trina Michaels steps off the plane after her two-year missions trip in Africa, she realizes that other than longing to see her mother and her best friend, her heart aches to fly back to the place that now feels more like home than anywhere she’s... ever lived. And to the man who’s stolen her heart.

Her dream of a quick return to Mozambique fades within hours when Trina discovers that her mother has been diagnosed with terminal lung cancer. Trina is forced to go back to her job as a publicist to cover her mother’s health costs.

She’s assigned a damage control client, Bishop Walker, a megachurch pastor accused of covering up a church sex scandal within his church involving the molestation of young boys. Representing him could cost Trina her most valued friendship, the love of her life, and her soul.

Visit Sherri's website to read an excerpt www.sherrilewis.com

Have you read  the book that started it all?  Selling My Soul is the sequel to My Soul Cries Out. My SoulCries Out is now available in mass market form for $6.99. You still have time to read it before Selling My Soul is released.

My Soul Cries Out
by 
Sherri Lewis

Monica Harris Day's perfect world begins a downward spiral the day she comes home to find her husband in bed with another man.  After confronting Kevin, her husband of two years, Monica discovers he's had a lifelong struggle with homosexuality that began at the age of ten, when he was molested by a deacon in the church. 
For years, Kevin has sought deliverance, crying out to God to make him straight.  He explains his deceit by saying he truly thought he had been delivered when he married Monica, but was afraid to share his past with her for fear she wouldn't marry him.  Kevin begs Monica's forgiveness and wants to save their marriage.  He is convinced that God has indeed delivered him from the spirit of homosexuality and that the one time mistake was just his past coming back to haunt him. Their pastor offers them marital counsel but Monica suspects that his real concern is in maintaining his mega-ministry.  The membership has grown to 10,000 since Kevin became the minister of music.
When the pastor swears them to secrecy and urges Monica to stay in the marriage, she thinks Bishop Walter isn't willing to risk the potential scandal and church division that would result if the truth is leaked to the congregation. My Soul Cries Out is a compassionate look at the issue of Christians struggling with homosexuality and the redemptive power of God to bring deliverance.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved "My Soul Cries Out" and I'm so glad Sherri followed it up with a sequel. I can't wait to read "Selling My Soul."

PatriciaW said...

Oh you know this is now on my TBR list. Near the top. Loved My Soul Cries Out.