Friday, March 20, 2009

Coming soon...It's Not About Him

Remember in December I had Michelle Sutton on the blog for her great book It's Not About Me. Well she's back with her new title, It's Not About Him.

Okay, so this is obviously not African-American Christian Fiction, and I just received a wonderful compliment from a reader about how my blog stays true to it's purpose, but I have to have Michelle on the blog. She's my friend and she's helped me soooooooo much. I love her. Plus she's a great writer. So I'm deviating. Just for today.

Coming September 2009

Here's the back cover blurb:

Susie wakes up after a party knowing something isn’t right. When she discovers she is pregnant but has no idea who the father is, she decides to place her baby for adoption with an infertile couple from church. Following through ends up being more challenging than she’d imagined. But she wants to do the right thing. If only Jeff would quit trying to marry her so she’ll keep her baby! Why doesn’t he understand? It’s not about him; it’s about what’s best for her child. Meanwhile, a man shows up in her life that looks irritatingly familiar. Could he be the father?

Jeff feels guilty. Someone took advantage of Susie when she passed out at his house—at his party—and she ends up pregnant. He offers to marry her so she won’t have to give up her baby, just like his birth mother had done with him. She refuses, saying he should he marry someone he loves. Because he is an adopted child, she believes he has unresolved issues that are influencing his decisions. His constant pursuit of her leads to rejection, which leads to further pursuit. Somehow he has to convince her that his love is genuine before it’s too late, but she’s not listening.
Can these friends find true love despite the horrible circumstances surrounding the unplanned pregnancy, or are they destined to remain “just friends”?
Sounds good Michelle. Looking forward to it.
If you missed Michelle's interview in December you may learn more about her by clicking here.
Visit the following sites to learn more about Michelle, her books and to hook up with some more edgy folks.
http://edgyinspirationalauthor.blogspot.com/ (my blog – I give away books!)
http://www.michellesutton.net/ (my website – designed it myself)http://www.christianfictiononlinemagazine.com/ (my online magazine – check it out)http://edgychristianfictionlovers.ning.com/ (my edgy fiction lovers group)

No comments: