Sunday, June 22, 2008

Interview with Author, Lily Ratliff

Today we welcome author, Lily L. Ratliff as she shares with us her memoir, The Life of a Lily.

Here is a synopsis of Lily's book:

Are you going through life’s ups and downs alone? Are you a victim of the foster system or adopted and want to know, Why me? Can there ever be life after abuse or abandonment? If you have experienced opposition or neglect, this book is for you. In her autobiography, The Life of a Lily, author Lily L. Ratliff shows you that through all of your mess, God can bring you to a point of acceptance of what life has given you, with the vigor to carry on. A catalyst for hope and restoration in your life, with easy-to-read vignettes and relevant corresponding Scriptures, The Life of a Lily shows how a young girl triumphs by discovering what so many others failed to realize that God had a plan for her life.
How did The Life of a Lily come to be?

This book started as a diary around 2001. I was awakened one late night to start writing down things that God needed me to know. One of those things was to share my story. At first, I thought, “No, I have too many skeletons in the closet to share.” But I was quickly reminded of all those people that are hurting and don’t have the answers to many of life’s problems. I was also reminded that someone needs a word. So I came to know that my story is far more than just words to paper, but a mere testimony of what God can do.

Besides THE LIFE OF A LILY what other writing projects are you working on?

I have four books being released between now and early 2009. On December 16, 2008 the first two, of the four, books will be available. They are a part of a six book children’s series called “The Last Shall Be First.”

Then sometime in December 2008 you’ll find my story called “All Is Not Lost” in Kimberly T. Matthews’ anthology titled “After You’ve Done All You Can.”

Lastly, I have another story called “The Breakthrough” featured in Vanessa Miller’s anthology titled “Stepping Out on Faith” expected in early 2009. “The Breakthrough” is my personal testimony.

You’re also working on a series of Children’s Books. Did your daughter inspire your decision?

Not initially since the stories are for an audience older than her. However, I am writing to leave a legacy for her since she may have to encounter some of the topics addressed within each book.
You lead a very busy life. How do you spend your free time?

Definitely, not the movies! No…all kidding aside I like to hang out. I bowl, shop, visit restaurants, exercise, anything that has me out and about. I love to read, write, sing and liturgical dance.

What is next for Lily L. Ratliff?

In the fall I’m entering South Florida Bible College & Theological Seminaries. I will begin pursuing my PhD in religious education in the hopes of one day being a youth pastor, director over Christian education or professor of a bible college.


Please give us some parting words.

Just remember, in Philippians 3:13-14, it says:

Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus (italics & emphasis mine).

Your past does not have to predict your future. If God said you are forgiven, then you are forgiven. If God said you shall have life more abundantly, then it shall be so. If God said, you have power to move mountains, then you can say to the mountain of doubt and hopelessness, be thou removed, and it shall be done. Hallelujah! You are more than a conqueror, my brothers and sisters. It’s time to speak a word over your life that you shall live and not die! You have Victory NOW, in the name of Jesus!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lily L. Ratliff’s debut titled The Life of a Lily: Growing in His Strength, Blooming in His Love is available for purchase.

To learn more about future events visit http://www.thelifeofalily.com/. Also, join Lily L. Ratliff on Nia Virtual Book Tours this Monday, June 23, 2008 at 9pm EST at http://www.niapresentslily.com/.

Lily L. Ratliff is available for speaking engagements, interviews and booksignings. For scheduling email requests to lily.ratliff@thelifeofalily.com.

4 comments:

Dana Pittman said...

Thank you Rhonda. And everyone is invited to join us as I talk with Lily about her life, this book and what she has coming up.

Dana
www.niapromotions.com
www.niavirtualbooktours.com

Jessica Nelson said...

What a beautiful cover! Great interview.

rhonda mcknight said...

Yes, just like the author. Please go to www.niapresentslily.com and listen to her interview last night. It was very good.

Unknown said...

Thank you both Jessica and Rhonda! That cover was a finalist in the 2008 Next Generation Indie Book Awards for Best Overall Design, so I take pride in the finished product. It was also great that you listened in. I hope you found it to be a blessing in some way!