Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Blessed Thoughts from Iris Celeste

Give Thanks…

As this year comes to an end, I can’t help but wonder where the months have gone. I remember vividly this very time LAST year and it seems just like yesterday! Now as we are entering into another year, emotions overwhelm me as I think of the many memories I shared over the closing of this time span. The most dominant being thankfulness. I’m thankful for the family that loves me unconditionally. I’m thankful for my friends—my extended family—who are always so supportive of me…I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers. I’m thankful for God’s provisions that enables me to provide a decent life for me and my children… Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. I’m thankful for His shield of protection and covering us under His wing…When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. I’m thankful for His mercy and that I wasn’t cut off long ago…. O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever. I’m even thankful for the pitfalls, because its there that I grew nearer to Him…In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. I’m thankful for all the bad decisions He allowed me to make, because now I know better and do better as a result…And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him. I’m thankful for all the dark and lonely nights, because it was then I rediscovered the greatness in me…I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your body a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God which is your reasonable service. I’m thankful for all the people who didn’t believe in me, because it helped me to believe in myself… may God give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, may the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe. But more importantly, I’m thankful for life…I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance…to the full, till it overflows! May all your days be a day of thanksgiving.

Iris Celeste, Author
www.irisceleste.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen, praise God!