Friday, February 27, 2009

Sister-friend Love - How Would We Make It Without It?

by Rhonda McKnight

“Oil and perfume rejoice the heart; so does the sweetness of a friend’s counsel that comes from the heart.” Proverbs 27: 9

It’s Wednesday, January 28th, and I’m sitting in a surgical center waiting room. The medical team has just rolled my seventeen year-old into the O.R. #2 for his third knee surgery. I want to cry. Not because I don’t believe things will go well. Really I’m a woman of faith. I entrust my children to God’s care every day. I want to cry because I’m already beyond this operation, thinking about the pain he’ll endure, and the agony of physical therapy. He’s out of school. He can’t play the basketball he loves, and I know my son will once again isolate himself from most of his friends. He doesn’t like for people to think he’s not at 100%. Then there are the lesser concerns; this is all expensive and I’ll be missing quite a few days of work in an economy that dictates a sistah show up. I whisper words that I’ve come to say daily, “Lord, please help me.”

Click here to read more...


No comments: