Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Blessed Thoughts from Iris Celeste


Perfect Peace

Earlier this week I started back working out, if you call ‘walking’ working out. No, I don’t do it to lose weight. I do it more for my sanity. It’s amazing how the thirty-minute exercise helps relieve some of the stress from my otherwise chaotic day. While I walk, I’m able to meditate, thank God for His many blessings and mentally process the events from my day. Afterwards, I feel rejuvenated and ready to conquer my next obstacle with confidence and a sound mind.

Before taking the time to ‘walk’ my body out, I noticed how groggy, tired and downright grouchy I had become! If you don’t believe me, just ask my kids. They can attest to the grouchy part. After closely evaluating the situation, I concluded that I needed to reinstall the exercise regimen back into my daily activities.


This small, but needed routine that I have taken up to help balance my day made me think of something. My prayer life has the same effect. I’ve observed if I hadn’t spent quality time communing with God, my mind is also thrown into a jumbled mess. Consequently, not taking the time to feed my spirit caused cluttered thoughts. With my focus and purpose unclear, it didn’t take much to set me off or derail me off track. What I needed was to start my day with prayer…You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You. Isaiah 26:3 Praying served as a way for me to release all of my worries and anxieties directly to God and worked as an agent for me to also hear from Him as to what direction I needed to approach my day…The steps of a good (wo)men are ordered by God. Psalm 37:23



Just as physical exercise was the medicine my body needed to keep it fine-tuned and running properly. Spiritually, my mind could not function as it should without first conversing with my Heavenly Father…I urge, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made—that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good and pleases God our Savior. 1 Timothy 2:1-3


Iris Celeste, Author
www.irisceleste.com










Iris Celeste has always loved the written word and spent endless hours as a child being entertained through books. Writing became her chosen method of expression and with that her debut novel Praise Your Way Through was brought to life, as well as, a collection of her poetry entitled Seasons of Life. Iris also writes a weekly column entitled As a Woman Thinketh for Big Time Publishing Newspaper.

No comments: