First 1,000 Words
Faith and Fiction Retreat Writing Contest
The first 1,000 words of your manuscript can make your career! Some acquisition editors and agents know after reading the first 1,000 words of your work if theyÂ’d want to represent you or sign you to a book deal. The first 1,000 words can either draw the reader in, or make them put the book down, never to be retrieved again.
Can you get an editor's attention with YOUR first 1,000 words? Enter the Faith and Fiction Retreat Writing Contest and find out.
Entry Fee: $35
Deadline for Submission: May 28th
It's easy to enter! Just submit to email@example.com your:
· First 1,000 words (Fiction/Non-Fiction genres)
· Full Synopsis
Your entry will be judged on:
· Page Turn Appeal
· Editorial Content (punctuation, typos, etc)
· Grand Prize: Fifteen minute pitch with the pitch session panel (Latoya Smith, Grand Central Publishing; Mercedes Fernandez, Kensington Books/Dafina; Joylynn Jossel, Urban Christian; Dwan Abrams, Nevaeh Publishing)
· First Prize(2): Ten minute pitch with the pitch session panel
· Second Prize (5): Five minute pitch with the pitch session panel
Pitches may be in person or virtual (phone or Skype). Deadline for submission is May 28th, winners will be announced June 5th .
First 1000 words entry fee $35