Tuesday, May 11, 2010

An Inconvenient Friend by Rhonda McKnight

An Inconvenient Friend, coming August 1st.

It seems like just yesterday Secrets and Lies was released and suddenly I was plunged into the world of being a published author. Exciting, exhilarating, exhausting ...all rewarding.

The first time I saw my novel in finished form it arrived at my house in a box with two others that I'd ordered from Barnes and Nobles.com. I knew what the cover looked like, but I didn't know what the final book would look like, feel like, the page count, all those details. So when it came and I held it, I had the answers to all those questions. I got on my knees and said, "I'm published." I cried. I thanked God. A life long dream had been fulfilled.

Well now I embark to cross over yet another threshold. The published get more published. My sophomore novel, An Inconvenient Friend will be released on August 1st. It's about one of the characters from Secrets and Lies and while it's not a sequel, I think the readers of Secrets and Lies will be very interested to find out where Samaria Jacobs turns up next. Here's a little about An Inconvenient Friend:

Samaria Jacobs has her sights set on Gregory Preston. A successful surgeon, he has just the bankroll she needs to keep her in the lifestyle that her credit card debt has helped her grow accustomed to. Samaria joins New Mercies Christian Church to get close to Gregory’s wife. If she gets to know Angelina Preston, she can become like her in more than just looks, and really work her way into Greg’s heart.

Angelina Preston’s life is filled with a successful career and busy ministry work, but something’s just not right with her marriage. Late nights, early meetings, lipstick- and perfume-stained shirts have her suspicious that Greg is doing a little more operating than she’d like. But does she have the strength to confront the only man she’s ever loved and risk losing him to the other woman?
Just when Samaria thinks she’s got it all figured out, she finds herself drawn to Angelina’s kindness. Will she be able to carry out her plan after she finds herself yearning for the one thing she’s never had . . . the friendship of a woman?
 
Here's the book video:




Click Here to Read an excerpt and pre-order your copy today at Amazon and Barnes and Nobles.

I appreciate the support and I'd love to here from you on the Guest book at my website http://www.rhondamcknight.net/

Blessings,

5 comments:

PatriciaW said...

Congratulations Rhonda! Looking forward to reading it.

rhonda mcknight said...

Thanks Patrica!

Unknown said...

Rhonda after watching the trailer I had to smile because you have given someone in my life a name that I didn't have before the trailer. To give a little clarity w/out getting to naked. My ex broke up with me after 11 yrs of marriage in 2005. Initially I was hurt, shocked and any other adjective you can think of. But I know whose I am so I got closer to Him. After time passed my ex started dating again and it seemed we were friends but I was always hesitant to call it that. But now reading this blog I THANK you for giving it a name I'm comfortable with "an INCONVENIENT friend"

Lastly when you talk about Secret and Lies and I read you didn't know what the final of Secrets and Lies would look like I was stunned. I thought the author had the final say so on the cover design...lol We learn something new every day...Thanks so much for this blog I love reading your site.
Missy

rhonda mcknight said...

Missy,

Thanks so much for always supporting the blog. It's readers like you who make the effort worth it.

I love the title of An Inconvenient Friend, because it reminds me that God has called us to love our brother, even when we don't want to. Without giving the story away, I'll say the friendships in this book were inconvenient for two characters for very different reasons. In the end, God's will is served, even in the midst of pain.

Be blessed, Sis.

Love,

Rhonda

rhonda mcknight said...

Oh and as for the cover thing...we authors have very little say. The art department decides on the cover. The publisher may ask you for your cover vision and send you a mock up of what they're planning to do, but the sales team makes the final decision on cover and that's at all publishing houses. I know authors who cry over their covers, but there's nothing they can do. The publisher's attitude is "You write, so write. Sales sells and they know better about what sells." We have no choice but to stay in our lanes.

Self-published authors are the only ones with absolute control.