Monday, May 24, 2010

A Review of Who Speaks To Your Heart: Tuning In To Hear God's Whispers


I’ll admit I’m not one who consistently uses a devotional in my private time with God, but that will no longer be the case. God has clearly anointed some of His people to bless us with accompaniments that stretch our spiritual muscles. Stacy Hawkins Adams is one of the anointed.
I have always enjoyed Stacy’s fiction, and most of her novels have bought me to the brink of tears at one point or another, but Who Speaks To Your Heart had me reaching for my tissue box as I saw myself in every chapter, on every page, in every word. I felt like this book was written for me. 
Ms. Hawkins Adams’ writing is simple and honest, yet powerful and vivid. Often times I felt like I was having a conversation with her and the Holy Spirit about my human weaknesses and fragilities. I felt Ms. Hawkins Adam’s desire for reader’s transformation literally leap off the pages. Her words, the learning to listen lessons and prayers were passionate and commanding, but the messages felt like whispers in your spirit that only the Holy Spirit could temper so gently.  
My heart was captured in the Introduction where the author used one of the scriptures that guides my very life. “In all things God works for the good of those who love HIM, who have been called according to HIS purpose.” Romans 8:28. She stated “Our role is to discipline ourselves to be real with God”; from there the tears and the soul searching learning continued, until I closed the back cover.
Who Speaks To Your Heart is proof that big things really can come in small packages.  Like the author herself, Who Speaks To Your Heart, is a small wonder that packs a big punch. Please don’t pass this book by and do remember to gift it to those you love. 
To learn more about Stacy Hawkins Adams and her books, please visit her at http://www.stacyhawkinsadams.com 

Reviewed by Rhonda McKnight 

No comments: