Write It Right is an intensive workshop for fiction writers designed around the essential building blocks of fiction: plot, character development, description, dialogue, story structure and self-editing. Other elements of fiction writing will be introduced.
Week 1 - Getting Started and Plot
Week 2 - Character Development and Description
Week 3 – Dialogue and Story Structure
Week 4 - Self-Editing and Tips for Polishing Prose.
What You’ll Learn
· The principles of creative writing and getting started
· Draft Writing Techniques
· Plotting – Who, Why and Why Not
· Character development and characterization techniques
· How to enhance your writing through description and sensory details
· How to write attention grabbing openings, stake-raising middles, and resounding ends
· Techniques to improve your dialogue-writing skills and the mechanics of structure and punctuation in dialogue
· Specific strategies for polishing your work
What You’ll Need
A computer or phone
A writing sample
A few hours outside of class to work on exercises
A great attitude and a desire to learn
Time – 8:00 p.m. to 10 p.m. EDT
Dates – Begins Monday, August 3rd (4 sessions on Monday nights through August 24th)
Price - $175.00 full payment due by July 7th for this price.
If a payment plan is needed the full price is $200
Deposit $100 due at registration to hold place in class (non-refundable)
Final payment $100 due by July 20th
· 5,000 word critique of your project - $50 (discounted 50%)
· 45 minute coaching session $35 (full price $100)
· Both critique and coaching session $75
· Full Manuscript Evaluation – 50% off
Note - Add-ons will be billed August 15th and must be used by December 31, 2015
Due to limited class size and first come/first serve nature of the class space, payments are non-refundable.